I tend to assume that only 2.8 of my friends and one kind stranger will ever discover the snowfox blog; hence, I created a long, wordy, and very me “About Page” the day I began my WordPress blog in early 2012. But, after being featured on the Freshly Pressed homepage in July 2012 (!!!!) and as a guest blogger on The Ascent Blog in March 2013, I thought that maybe five whole people might now be wondering what my blog’s about, and I’d hate to scare those lovely new readers away at first glance.
So, what’s this unpronounceable “XIAO BAI HU” blog all about, eh? Who’s this “Snowfox Bandit” character?
Well, don’t we all ask ourselves that? Aren’t your twenties all about finding yoursel — oh, right. This ISN’T the verbose page.
Your Friendly Neighborhood “Snowfox Bandit” Overview:
- I’m a pseudo-adult in my young twenties completing my 5th and final year of undergraduate study, pursuing an Asian Studies/Mandarin Chinese degree that will probably have little influence on my future Mystery Career, since at this point I’d honestly rather be a personal [zombie survival] trainer than work for the UN as Supreme Non-Native Chinese Speaker (sorry, 18-year-old-self).
- I’m a total nerd (and moderate gamer), which includes anything from Doctor Who to Firefly to Scrubs to Skyrim to [insert fantasy book series here], and I have a wildly inappropriate sense of humor. I also like driving cars and doing oil changes. That’s normal, right?
- I’m a total introvert, but both Eastern and Western astrology informs me I should be a raging extrovert, and I’ve learned to be very outgoing with close friends. Also, I’m an only child who went out, joined a kung fu studio at 16, and inherited about twelve older brothers, who are among my most favorite people ever in this world. One of those “brothers” even became the love of my life, so there you go. Don’t think about that too hard, we’re not like the Lannisters. (Twincest jokes — too soon?)
- I’m a relatively non-athletic, non-culinary person who recently became interested in eating healthier (I shoot for about 90% compliance with Paleo eating) and getting stronger, thanks to Rogue Leader (the aforementioned super awesome partner, whose pet names have been censored per request) and our informal crossfit garage. I’ve spent the past year attempting to alter my “I can’t cook or lift heavy things, but I wish I could” mentality to my new “Ah screw it, let’s start tryin’” attitude. It’s going surprisingly well!
- I like to make re-he-heeeally long lists of things I’d like to see, do, or be, but they can all be summed up by saying “I’d like to be a total Hotty McBadass.” Or, if you don’t swear like a sailor,
“I’d like to be an interesting, capable and respected person who’s happy with herself and her life.”